Sunday, January 26, 2014

Change Your Mindset

"I fill this day with hope and face it with joy" - Belle De Jour Power Planner



My family have gone through a tough challenge for the past 2 months. My dad was confined to the hospital twice, our hospital bill rocketed to more than half a million pesos and his home medications costs 6,000Php a day. Possible two things you could think: One, what we've been through is very tough and you may feel sorry for us or two, you may say that it is nothing to compare to what you've going through. 

If you're on the first-thinking, well, thank you for your concern and I hope you'll help me pray for my family for breakthrough. If you're on the second-thinking, my situation might be nothing to be compare to what you've been going through and like me, you may not know how you/your family will get through it. But I hope and pray that like me, you have wonderful people that could help you, support you not only financially but also spiritually. Someone who could encourage you that everything will be alright and pray for you.


From the experience we had, I saw how your relationships with others are very important. I've seen a lot of help came from my relatives, church-mates, friends and even from people I just met because of this experience. Some provided financial help, from some, it was their acts of service where they lend their vehicles to accompany us to the hospital for daddy's check-ups or replace my Dad's IV infusion without asking for something in return or payment and some exerted their efforts in prayer. You see, the relationships we built from the people around us became a channel for them to help us in times of need. I wonder if my family isolated ourselves from other's love...I might be crying and begging for help right now as only few or none will help us if we treated them badly before.


The experience also manifested our love for each other as a family. How important each and everyone is. Personally, it was a time when I really prioritized my family over my work. And I was thankful that my management understood the situation and allowed me to be with my family almost the 3 out of 4 weeks of December and every weekend of January (another thing to be thankful for).


I maybe in struggling financially to settle all the debts we had to payback those who lend us money and for the credit card bills for the medicines, but I know and believe that God is faithful (HE TRULY IS!). The experience had made me realized a lot of things...

-to appreciate people more
-to be thankful on what you have
-that life is not always full of bliss but there are challenges to test our faith & they come on least time you expect them (probably that's why they are called challenges)
-that family is very important
-that trusting God at all times will be your strength in times when you don't know what to do.

As what I recently learned from one of the Podcast of Joel Osteen--"Have an Abundant Mentality", I will remove the "Skinny-Goat-Mindset" and change it to a "Fatted-Calf-Mindset" (www.joelosteen.com). 
Whatever situation we're in, don't lose that faith in the Lord. It is our weapon to get through this life. Be grateful with what you have but don't settle on it. Aim high and have a positive mindset (a friendly tip, start letting go or close your ears from people with negative mindsets as they will just bring you down).    

Fill each day with hope and face it with a grateful heart. The enemy may throw stones at you (I bet he will) but don't fret. You God is bigger than your problems. As like the lyrics in the song "Already There" by Casting Crowns...


"When I'm lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory
Cause You're already there
You're already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You're already there
You're already there"


(www.castingcrowns.com/music/lyrics/already-there)


Our God knows the whole picture of our life and it is a waste of time and energy to keep worrying on what will happen next or having a "what-if-worry" mindset (honestly, I am still working on this too). 


There's a sunshine after every rain and I am excited to see that sunshine in my life. Taking one day at a time with a thankful heart :)




By the way, my dad is on his way to recovery and we're very pumped to see him get back on his usual energy. God is indeed wonderful!!! 


Let's meditate on this:


"Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure." -Psalm 23:4 (MSG)



No comments:

Post a Comment