"First thing in the morning, she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started. She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day." - Proverbs 31:16-17 (MSG)
I've read the 31st Chapter of Proverbs many times already but every time I came across to it, God reveals a new and fresh message to me. The text in the Bible doesn't change but the revelation does. It is so wonderful how God speaks to us through his message (A great privilege).
Reading the passage on verse 16-17 really made me cry..."Why?"--because I've been dreading about my work for the past months. I've been working on a tough project that stretched my physical limits. On top of that my family went through a difficult challenge. So balancing things is really hard. The stresses of the pressures manifested in my body. I've been suffering for constant physical pains especially in my arms & shoulders.
Yesterday, at work, I was counting the hours that I need to stay in the office. My shift was 5pm to 3am. After dinner (around 8:30pm), I said to myself "6 hours pa...gusto ko na umuwi!" (6 hours more...I wanna go home!). And before my shift ends, my arms were aching again thus when I went home, I put some medicated patches before going to sleep (Not an ideal day right?).
Today, reflecting on the passage, I imagine that the Proverbs 31 woman has that joy in her heart to get up early in the morning for her duties as a wife, a mother and as woman in her community. She seems to have that zeal- whatever tasks she have for the day. It is kinda the opposite on what I am feeling recently (ouch!). "How I wish I could be like her" (that's what I was thinking while reading the passage).
But you know what?....
God is good. He doesn't want me to just dream of becoming the Proverbs 31 woman. He wants me to be like one in my own little way. The NIV version of verse 17 says: "She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks". For me that's a big encouragement for the day (I imagine myself doing my tasks ignoring my body pains--tough chick huh!).
I claim that my arms are strong for my tasks. REALLY, REALLY DO!!!
I pray that God will restore my passion at my work. REALLY, REALLY WANT!
I am determined to remove that negative mindset on always in a hurry to go home from work. REALLY, REALLY WILL PUSH FOR IT!
I know that God has put us in different fields of work. And challenges for each individuals are different from the other. We should be thankful for what we have right now--either good or not so good. If you think that the work you are doing is what God really want you to do then join me in discovering his awesomeness on working through us in our everyday tasks. If you are the one who is not sure if you're in the right place right now...well, the best first step you could do is pray. Don't be afraid to ask God and raise your concerns to Him (believe me He is not snobbish). Second, read His Word. It is jump-packed with wonderful encouragements and promises from Him. Third, if the first 2 steps are not enough, sought guidance from others-- but be careful whom to talk to. Find someone you admire and you think is mature enough to give you advice. Not someone who do you think will just discourage you and will bring you down more. Stay away from negative people---they will not help you at all.
I am no guru nor counselor and indeed I am a work in progress. I also feel pressured, stressed, discouraged but I am happy that God is always there to pick me up in times when I am down. Hope you see Him that way too! :-)
Have a wonderful day and savor every moment that He gave to you!
God bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment